The Civilian Conservation Corps and the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge 1933-1941.
The largest number of CCC buildings still remaining is at Wichita Mountain National Wildlife Refuge.
Midway gas station
Earl ingram Homestead
The home off in the distance was completed in 1927. The Fergusons lived here until 1942. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981 as "an excellent example of local architecture using locally available materials."
Jed Johnson Tower with Jed Johnson Lake in the foreground.
The Civilian Conservation Corp (CCC) built 29 dams.
The Holy City
a blog all its own next week