Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Some Things are Different but Ice Cream Remains the Same

July is National Ice Cream Month

It has been over 20 years since I last attended the New Castle Ice Cream Festival in Rockwood Park in Delaware. 

We brought our own blanket back then, kids under 12 received free ice cream and we listened to live music on a beautiful afternoon 1996.

Here is what the New Castle Ice Cream Festival featured in 2017


Tiger Kicks Taekwondo Demonstration



Trapeze Artist, I will show you how the performer got from here to there 
but I would not try this at home.









Celebrities are always a hit and the Phillie Phanatic is a Phavorite. 


Wendell Smallwood, running back for the Philadelphia Eagles demonstrated his tossing skills.


 Pillows are always popular and provide a comfort zone.


The cartoon on The News Journal umbrella indicates the changing times.



a VHS tape?


I believe this trio to be my first sighting of alpacas, ever. Whereas I did not pet the creatures, I did feel the texture of the mitten, hats and scarves for sale made with alpaca fleece, very soft and silky, pleasing to the skin and warm. Alpacas are native to South America and have been domesticated for thousands of years. I don't know how I have missed seeing them all these years. They are very cool looking. I might be able to picture myself watching "current news" on the television with them.




Most folks arrived by car, others preferred the train.


Security would have been less transparent in 1996.


Sanitation steps have been enhanced with a hand sanitizer station.


Here is the scoop


Ice Cream never runs out of fashion
or loses its flavor.


Live music was also featured but we attended the festival between sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment