Friday, March 17, 2017

Happening at my House Today - The Prep

Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, O.F.M. Cap. Grants Dispensation from the Obligation to Abstain from Meat on Memorial of Saint Patrick

Corn Beef and Cabbage


















Happy Saint Patrick's Day

An apology to my Catholic descendants and all those that may have taken offense..I never knew.
Serving a bowl of carrots on one of the joyous and holiest days in a Irish-Catholic household is an insult.  The orange color of the carrots acknowledges the Orangemen. When I read this I thought, isn't it time to let that kind of stuff go? Then I thought, how would I know. My grandmother was very bitter when her sister ran off and got married and forced her to take the ticket to America. That decision actually shielded so many of my aunts, uncles and cousins from experiencing "the troubles". How fortunate we are to live in a country of religious freedom!
I did serve carrots, I like carrots, but decorated them heavily with green beans on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment