Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Top Highlights of Craters of the Moon

Had it not been for the National Park Rangers at Grand Tetons National Park, I would never had known that we have Craters of the Moon, right here on Earth.


NASA astronauts explored this location in Idaho as one of the places on earth to learn about the volcanic surface similar to the surface on the moon..  This added excursions would only take us six hours out of our way but who could pass up a trip to the moon.


If you are a visual learner, leave it to the fourth graders to make a clear depiction.


Cinder Cone Fragments






'A'a Lava




Pahoehoe Lava





It doesn't appear to be that high of a climb, those people at the top are only half way there. I was huffing and puffing at that point and pretty sure I could not go on, but I became inspired and eventually made it to the top.

Once you reach the summit, it will blow you away. It was very windy up there.








Here are some of the views

I am knocked out at the flora that has emerged over time. It must be strong stack and I may be looking to plant some of these hearty plants.






Find me a monkeyflower. I delegated that responsibility to one of my best spotters on my team.



Success


Can  I get a dwarf buckwheat?


Done

I have never been to Hawaii but I am sure the impact would leave a similar result in my mind. Our world is an evolving place and has suffered much damage along the way but we are resilient and in time it comes back perhaps in a new form maybe even better. We just have to be extra careful not to be a contributor to the destruction.


Maybe you don't have to go to the moon to know this but it never hurts to see it in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment