Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Delaware County Upcoming Fire Station Open House and Events

I read somewhere that Delaware County has 65 fire stations.  I went to the Delaware County Pa website and clicked on communities and clicked on each one to see if they listed a fire station and I went to the website or Facebook that connected (not all links did) and looked for open houses.  This is what I found on October 1st.

October 8 South Media Fire Company 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

October 9 Milmont Fire Company 11 a.m.

October 9 Springfield Fire Company











October 11 Broomall Fire Company 5 p.m.

October 11 Folsom Fire Company 6 - 9 p.m.

October 11 Glenolden Fire Company 7 p.m.

October 12 Collingdale Fire Company



October 14 Yeadon Fire Company 7 - 10 p.m.


October 15 is Home Fire Drill Day

October 15 Ridley Park Fire Company 1 - 4 p.m.

October 15 Brookhaven Fire Company 1 - 4 p.m.

October 15 Radnor  Fire Company 6 - 8 p.m.

October 21-22 Rose Tree Fire Company Friday 6:30 - 9 p.m. and Saturday at 11 a.m.a  pumper dedication, a ceremony that dates back to the 1800's

October 29 Collingdale Co. #1  Fire Department Kids Halloween Party later that evening Adult Halloween Party



Lansdowne Fire Company mentions they have a year round fire prevention program.

Sharon Hill Fire Company mentions on their website that they  offer tours of the fire house and will speak at public events.



My best recommendation is to do a search of your local fire company and seeif they are offering anything to the public.  I am sure I missed one or two.  If anyone would like me to add an event to this list email me at delcotopten@gmail.com.  I would be more than happy to add it.



Thank you for your service to the community.

Above photographs taken at the Media Veterans Parade 2014 by MAF

Whereas I do not currently have a fireman in the house, the following photographs contain my legacy. My grandfather Harry Peet is in the 1929 and 1948 photograph below, perhaps a relative of yours is, as well. My great grandfather Patrick Dougherty was also a fireman.

Vintage prints, I am proud to have in my collection.

1929


1948


1926 Fourth Annual Banquet Delaware Fireman's Association April 7, 1926.
I believe it says Brookline Square Club but there is a chunk out of the photo, my best guess.

If you click on the photograph it should bring the faces up closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment