Friday, September 2, 2016

Reptile Man and Friends at LBI

Having that beach base and millions of memories is so important to carry into adulthood. Everyone needs a happy place. We have raised our kids properly they have that place and those memories but I fear I have neglected one vital key to the LBI memory.  We never saw Reptile man, partially because I don't particularly like reptiles and I did not want to scare them. It is all in presentation and education and Reptile man and crew taught with ease and a smile.


 This man loves his job and his reptiles.


Chugamunga aka Alexander the Great, an Alligator Snapping Turtle is over 40 years old. They can live for 100 years and are protected by law. Imagine his mid-life crisis.


A lizard egg is as big as a grape. Pepe is from Mexico. Lizards have ears, snakes do not. 
Watch what you say.


This Alligator was as big as a hot dog when it was born.


If you live in South Carolina and you mom drives you to school, you still have to get a note if you will be late due to an alligator under the car.


The Cobra Snake was a charmer. Given the music and the time, easily could be the next contestant of Dancing with the Snakes.


Aussie Green Tree Snake stayed put on the pole. His handler referred to him as having no ambition. I find that to be a sought after quality for a snake that was part of this show.


Banana Boy's brother is an albino python snake that would not do well in the wild, no camouflage. He comes a long way from Africa.


Put Reptile World on your list of Things To Do at LBI, it is quite the operation. It's free and there are 3 shows M-T in season. You will come away with a smile.
I have been going to LBI for over 30 years and never saw the show at Fantasy Island.
  I am glad he captured my attention this year.

I don't know if my comfort level with reptiles has changed but I might be willing to try and save a turtle crossing the road after watching this video and viewing the proper way to do it. I would probably opt for the car mat.

How to help a snapping turtle cross the road?on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment