Wednesday, April 6, 2016

How did you help the “Team” go on to a Villanova Victory?

Saturday

I did not select Villanova in my grid to go all the way this year. Every time I do select a team to win, they are out early. No need to thank me, just doing my part.

I sympathized with the sad eyes across the room (Nova Alumni) when we had plans to go out that evening. We stayed home and watched the game.

I gave up Saturday night tickets to the Media Film Festival, I had a weekend pass and really wanted to go.

Skipped my first EVER VIP invite.

When "Alumni" took off his T-shirt and draped it across the back of the chair next to the television, the score just kept getting higher. I kid you not.


Monday

I missed the beginning of the game dealing with Facebook. When I came into the room, things started to change for the better. We sat in the same seating arrangement as the Saturday night game. I was not allowed to move, no bathroom breaks.


Watched the game with a a couple of North Carolina emigrants in harmony.


When Nova missed a foul shot, I sent positive vibes, don’t worry they will get the next one and they did!

I begged, not for a tie. I could not stay up for another period. My prayers were answers, through divine intervention. Did you see that shot by Jenkins?!! WOW.

I tolerated alumni boasting..YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, Jenkins, he was my man from the very beginning.
Praise the Lord and Hallelujah.


No, I did not score any points or make any baskets. We all do what we can.  It takes a Village in the Valley for a Victorious Villanova Victory. We may not have done anything to win the game but we watched.

How did you help? 

What was your secret Mojo?

The parade starts at 20th and Market on Friday at 1 p.m.
in downtown Philadelphia and ends at Dilworth Park.

Go ahead party like it is 1985.
2016 will now replace that milestone.

Enjoy! I am too old for that now.
Not so old that I can't remember when.

. .
V

Congratulations Team 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment