Friday, February 26, 2016

Top 10 Funny Catholic Vocabulary Word Translations

AMEN
The only part of the prayer everyone knows

BULLETIN:
Your receipt for attending mass
I do remember my parents asking, did you get a bulletin?

CHOIR
A group of people whose singing allows the rest of the congregation to lip -sync.

HOLY WATER
A liquid whose chemical is H2OLY.

INCENSE
Holy Smoke

JONAH
Th original "Jaws" story

PEW
A medieval torture device still found in Catholic churches.


PROCESSION
The ceremonial formation at the beginning of Mass consisting of altar servers, the celebrant, and the late parishioners looking for seats.

RELICS
People who have been going to Mass for so long, they actually know when to sit, kneel and stand.

TEN COMMANDMENTS
The most important Top Ten list not given by David Letterman

Disclaimer:  This is not my created list, it came from my cousin a devout Catholic so I am almost positive it is gospel and funny. I am not sure where the list originally came from. I mean no disrespect in sharing the list it is only intended for fun. There was more to the list,  these are the 10 I selected to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment