The term planet is ancient, with ties to history, science, mythology, and religion
1. Venus is the second planet from the Sun, is a scientific fact.
2. One day on Venus lasts more than half a year, I believe a man from Mars said that and it could be a myth.
3. The third brightest in the sky behind the sun and the moon. you guessed it Venus! This has to be a fact.
4. Venus is named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty. Myth? I think not, fact.
5. Hottest Planet in the Solar System, Venus! This is a scientific fact.
6. Venus spins opposite of all the other planets. The sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Who is to say this is not the correct way, Mars?
7. Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and the second smallest planet in the Solar System.
8. Mars is named after the Roman god of war, it is often referred to as the "Red Planet" because the iron oxide on its surface gives it a reddish appearance.
9. Mars has the largest dust storms in the universe, a scientific fact.
10. In 1900, a 100,000 Franc prize was offered to anyone who could communicate with Alien life. Mars was exempted because it was not considered a challenge to communicate with Mars. I saw this listed on a YouTube presentation 10 Fascinating Facts About Mars. I don't want to get into any trouble with the warrior but this might be true.
NASA has many scientific facts about all the planets. The book Men Are From Mars and Women are From Venus just references the two planets.
Venus and Mars are both terrestrial planets and then, there is the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, by author John Gray.
Here are the chapter headings with a brief portion of the contents, you can find more at wikisummaries.org/Men_Are_From_Mars,_Women_Are_From_Venus
Chapter 1: Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
It is important to remember that men and women have reciprocally different natures. Men and women need to appreciate these differences, and cease expecting each other to act and feel the way they do.
Chapter 2: Mr. Fix-It and the Home Improvement Committee
Men love to have their abilities recognized and appreciated, and hate to have them scorned or ignored; women love to have their feelings recognized and appreciated, and hate to have them scorned or ignored.
Chapter 3: Men Go to Their Caves and Women Talk
When faced with tough problems, men become non-communicative so they can work out how best to help themselves, while women become communicative so that others can work out how best to help them.
Chapter 4: How to Motivate the Opposite Sex
A man's instinct is to look after himself, even if it means sacrificing others; a woman's instinct is to look after others, even if it means sacrificing herself.
Chapter 5: Speaking Different Languages
Men talk in very literal terms for the purpose of relaying information; women employ artistic license and dramatic vocabulary to fully express and relate their feelings. I can't speak for all women but this is probably true.
Chapter 6: Men Are Like Rubber Bands
Men periodically bolt for cover when they suddenly fear that their self-sufficiency is becoming threatened.
Chapter 7: Women Are Like Waves
Women periodically sink into a depression when they feel it is time for emotional cleansing and resolution. At these times they may become utterly negative in their outlook, dwelling on every problem which troubles them, including long-standing ones which will generally have been raised and addressed before, and if they cannot find any real issues to concentrate on, then they will find some random other things to worry about.
Chapter 8: Discovering Our Different Emotional Needs
Men and women need to remember that the emotional needs of the opposite sex are not the same as their own. Providing our partners with the wrong type of emotional needs will not be greatly appreciated.
Chapter 9: How To Avoid Arguments
Communication between relationship partners should be loving and respectful; verbal attacks by contrast are highly destructive. It is often not so much what is said that causes the damage, but the tone of voice and body language which accompanies it.
Chapter 10: Scoring Points with the Opposite Sex
Men feel loved if their efforts at giving are appreciated; women feel loved according to what they receive. For women, loving someone means knowing and attending to their needs without waiting to be asked, and so a loved person should never have to ask for anything as their needs ought to be anticipated ahead of time.
and there is more....
For the record, I have not read the book and there have been many who dispute its findings, and not all women. He certainly does make some valid points and I am not from Mars. There is still plenty of time to make this a must summer read.
Now we have Pluto.
I can't wait to see who is from there.
Is it kids!!