1. May 4 Star Wars Day! May the Fourth Be with You. On May 30 the Franklin Institute is having a themed special event Star Wars as part of The Art of the Brick–the world’s largest gallery of LEGO® art 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Show your Star Wars pride and dress like your favorite character, see an enormous LEGO Millennium Falcon, and meet members Garrison Carida (501st Legion) Star Wars Character Costuming Organization. Take a selfie with classic Star Wars™ Characters all day and May the Force Be with You!
2. May 6 Philadelphia Wine + Food Festival Presented by Lexus at SCA Club at Lincoln Financial Field. Raise a glass for a good cause at the Philadelphia Wine + Food Festival Presented by Lexus. 10% of each ticket purchased, plus all proceeds from the night’s sweepstakes, will be donated to The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Daisy Days Campaign. The night promises to be a spirited celebration, where you’ll enjoy samples of more than 650 wines from around the world and bites from some of Philadelphia’s top restaurants. Other
Upcoming Daisy Day Events to Support CHOP.
3. May 6 Global BIG Day It's for the birds!4. May 6 Twilight Yoga Presented by POP UP Yoga Philly at Franklin Square 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Get excited about yoga, health and wellness! All body types and skill levels are welcome for this Yin Yoga Class. ($15).
5. May 7 Webinar: Hepatitis C and African American Women 1:30 o.m. - 2 :45 p.m. In preparation for National Women’s Health Week, the Office on Women’s Health, the Office of Minority Health, and the Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy are co-sponsoring a webinar on hepatitis C and African American women. Register for this webinar.
6. May 9 The 300 Anniversary 1715 St. David's Church opened its door to a Welsh speaking congregation. The cornerstone was laid on May 9, 1715. Listed events associated with the anniversary:
May 9 300th Anniversary Choir Festival at 4:00 p.m. with St. David's, Church of the Redeemer and St. Peter-in-the-Great Valley choirs combining voices along with Fairmount Brass and timpani.
300th Anniversary Bell - Ringing of the bell throughout the day.
May 10 Cornerstone Day - Worship at 10 a.m. in the Chapel; re-dedication of the Church; burying of a time capsule and a gourmet catered Mother's Day Luncheon. See the St David's Church website for complete details.