1. Mom jeans commercial, I am still laughing at it.
2. Kenan Thompson portraying Bill Cosby mixing his favorite drink.
3. I still think Tina Fey plays a better Sarah Palin than the original.
4. The Larry David - Jerry Seinfeld exchange. I didn't know Larry David wrote for SNL and I didn't know Brian Williams was on the first season. Oh! Seinfeld got me. Very funny subtle way of sharing NBC family love.
5. The opening with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake was phenomenal and it was great see Debbie Downer and Superstar.
6. The writers of the Jeopardy skits deserve an Emmy Award and the actors who portrayed Sean Connery "Whore ads" - "Who reads" and "Le tits now" - " Let it snow" and the portrayals of Burt Reynolds, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber and Jim Carrey nailed Matthew MccConaughey. I liked Carrey's shout out for Brian Williams on the blue carpet too. I felt he wasn't throwing him under the bus like the rest of the world, he was acknowledging him as a person, just my take.
7. Best musical guest? They were all unique in their own way but surprisingly I have to give it to Miley Cyrus. I know nothing about the girl except what I hear on EXTRA EXTRA and all the other gossip on the Internet. She can SING!! I loved her version of Paul Simon's 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover. Beyonce was good too! What? That was Maya Rudolph, she was great.
8. Biggest Star turnout I will have to go for a tie Jack Nicholson and Robert DeNiro both classy gentlemen. I am not counting audience members or previous cast members. I wished Eddie Murphy spoke more or did one of his famous characters. He was one who always made me laugh.
9. Previous cast members that shined "Gilda will always be Golden in my book" Emma Stone did her proud.
10. I liked how they acknowledged the crew, the writers and the band.
I didn't remember that Mayor Rudy Juliani told Loren Michaels it was so important for the show to go on after 911 and they did. It was a great clip to revisit. Live in New York! It's Saturday Night!
In case you missed it the SNL 40 Top 10
10. Live Show
8. Saturday Night Dead
6. Musical Guests
5. Kayne Sit Down!
4. Opening Credits
2. Lorne Michaels
1. The Crew
Here are "some" of the people either seen on the red carpet, on stage, clips or in the audience.
Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon
Debbie Downer and Superstar
Steve Martin with the arrow throw his head
George Harrison (all the Beatles except John have appeared on SNL)
Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat "O Tay"
Pee We Herman
The Church Lady
Tina Fey - Sarah Palin
Pump You Up
Justin Bieber (character)
Tony Bennett (character)
Bill Cosby (character)
Chevy Chase as Gerald Ford
Hartman as Clinton
Dana Carvey as George H. W. Bush
Will Ferrell at George W, Bush
Gore vs Bush debate
Lock Box vs Strateegery
the real Barrack Obama
Soapnet The Californians
Tina, Amy, Jane
11 Films have been made from SNL skits or ideas
Jane You Ignorant Slut
John Belushi as Liz Taylor
Catherine Zeta Jones
Steve Martin (King Tut)
Bill Murray (Nick Ocean)
Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi
Louie C. K.
Chappelle seen on the red carpet he was hoping to see Eddie Murphy
Sports Stars clips
Kevin Kline (one of my favorites)
Louis C. K.
Ed Norton as Owen Wilson
If I repeated a name they were shown more than once and if I skipped someone, they were there I just missed jotting them down. The 40th Anniversary is On Demand and fun to watch! See ho you will spot.