2. Birth Defects Prevention Month The March of Dimes non-profit organization was founded by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt January 3rd, 1938 to combat polio. The main focus of the organization now is to educate mothers and try to prevent birth defects and premature births and infant mortality.
3. Cervical Health Awareness with What's New in Cervical Cancer Research from the American Cancer Society website. During Cervical Health Month in January ASHA is offering a free download of the fact sheet Ten Things to Know About HPV. Get yours today.
4. National Radon Action Month , you can read more in the Citizen's Guide to Radon at the EPA's website.
5. Poverty in America Awareness Month found a very sobering website Povertyusa.org on the status of poverty in the United States. The numbers are staggering. You can also view the numbers at census.gov.
6. Thyroid Disease Awareness Month Get Neck Check info at epoweryourhealth.org.
7. National Mentoring Month Volunteering anywhere has its own special rewards, being a mentor has to qualify near the top of the list. Promote National Mentoring Month using the hashtags #NationalMentoringMonth, #MentoringWorks, #MentoringEffect and #SomeoneWhoMatters. Check the website for opportunities near you. January 8 is I Am A Mentor Day and January 15 is Thank You Mentor Day.
8. National Personal Self Defense Awareness Month #1 in my opinion is Know Your Surroundings and Pay Attention. Plugging up your ears is almost the same as closing your eyes. Here is a link to attackproof.com and suggested Top 10 Best Self Defense Tips.
9. National Stalking Awareness Month "Take the Stalking Quiz". OK, I will give you the first one 6.6 million people are stalked each year. What does that mean? In a way you are probably being stalked if you take the quiz (cyber and cookies ) but there are "different" forms or "definitions" of stalking. This is just my opinion and it may not be a popular one, get into your kids business, better you than some stranger.
10. National Slavery and Human Trafficking Awareness Month January 11th is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day.
National Human Trafficking Resource Center and BeFree Hotlines
Call: 1-888-373-7888 | Text: HELP to BeFree (233733)
Disclaimer not my original artwork, some one sent this in an email to me.
I am just admiring the creativity.