2.. Individual House Tours of the Fairmount Park Historic Mansions
- Cedar Grove: Open daily, December 26 - January 1, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Historic Strawberry Mansion: Open Wednesdays through Sundays, through December 31, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Closed December 25
- Laurel Hill Mansion: Open Wednesdays through Sundays, through December 28, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Closed December 24 and 25
- Mount Pleasant: Open daily, December 26 - January 1, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Woodford Mansion: Open Tuesdays through Sundays, through December 31, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Closed December 25 and 26
3. Yuletime at Winterthur through January 4, 2015 Timed Yuletide Tour reservations are required for both Members and nonmembers. Members are free. Purchase tickets online or by calling 800.448.3883. Last Day of the Downton Abbey Costumes, January 4th.
4. Food Trucks at Franklin Square
December 26: The Grill Cheese and SeouFull Philly Food Truck
December 27: Wonderland Cakes and The Whirly Pig
December 28: Sweet Lavender and Pbon's Fresh Phood Truck
December 29: SeouFull Philly Food Truck and Luscious Bakery
December 30: Wonderland Cakes and The Whirly Pig
December 31: SeouFull Philly Food Truck, Sweet Lavender, Jerry's Kitchen, and The Cow and the Curd .
5. December 26th Colonial Ball Enjoy an evening of 18th century merriment at our ever popular Colonial Ball! Learn to dance like our founding fathers while surrounded by people in Revolutionary War dress, listening to live music of the time period, and enjoying refreshments. A cash bar will be available. This is a one-of-a-kind experience not to be missed! 7pm-10pm. The ball will take place at the Wyndham Garden Hotel, 1 West Lafayette Street, Trenton. Advanced tickets are $17.76 - please call 609-396-1776. Tickets purchased at the door a re $25; $20 for Old Barracks Members.Paid parking is available at the hotel in the city parking lot; vouchers for $5 parking will be available at the front desk of the hotel lobby. Free parking is available in the lot next to the War Memorial, one block from the hotel.
6. December 27 350th Battles of Trenton Reenactment 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Come experience our annual winter reenactment during Trenton's Patriots Week Celebration! Be immersed in history as you are surrounded by reenactors portraying the soldiers who fought during the Battles of Trenton, which ultimately shaped the fate of the war and our nation. Follow the troops through the streets and watch as they relive the events of these fateful battles! Come back to interact with the soldiers, take tours of the museum that will be given throughout the day, and visit The Quartermaster's Store. What better way to celebrate New Jersey's 350th anniversary than to bear witness to the crucial Trenton victory which helped pave the way towards American Independence?
The first battle begins at 11am, the second at 3pm. There is special reduced pricing for this event. The battles are free to the public, and entrance onto the museum grounds is $5 per person (children 5 and under are free). Parking for this event is free, plentiful, and close, available in the lot next to the museum as well as the lot across from The War Memorial.
8. December 31,Wish Betsy Ross a Very Happy Birthday! 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Betsy's birthday is just around the corner, and to celebrate, she's throwing an end of year Birthday Bash at the Betsy Ross House! Wednesday, December 31, wish America's most iconic flag maker a happy 263rd birthday with festive, family-friendly activities and cupcakes, provided by the historic City Tavern. Best of all, Betsy's Birthday Bash activities are FREE! Tickets required to tour the House.
9. December 31, 2014 Family New Years Eve Fireworks Ring in the new year with Independence Seaport Museum's annual family fun celebration! The Family New Year's Eve Fireworks includes a prime viewing of fireworks erupting over the Delaware River. Festive hats, noisemakers and sparkling cider to "toast" the coming New Year will be provided. Additionally hop over to Nesquik's Bunnyland to play games, win prizes, drink delicious chocolate milk and meet Quiky, the bunny ! Time: 4:00 - 7:00 p.m.The Seaport Museum will stay open late so visitors can enjoy the holiday party. The Family New Year's Eve Party is included with regular Museum admission. Everything is while supplies last
10. Dec. 31 New Year’s Eve Community Celebration and Ball Drop Downtown Media, midnight