2.. William and Hannah Penn - First Founders of Pennsylvania. In my mind the man who gets the least credit for starting this colony.
3. Revolutionary Soldiers - George Washington's support group.
4. Ben Franklin - Where would we be without Ben? His name adores more people places and things than any other historic figure. Ben is BIG in Philly.
5. Betsy Ross our flag maker. Every one needs a radical woman behind the men.
6. Abe Lincoln was there to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Battle at Gettysburg and his famous speech. Four score..........
7. Union Colored Troops represented the Union Army.
8. Tuskegee Airmen heroes of World War II graced the crowd.
9. Philadelphia Eagle - The eagle was decided to be the symbol of our country in Philadelphia. They were also contemplating a turkey. True story. Now if only we could win a national championship again with our mascot.
10. Albert Einstein - I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it with my own eyes! For me seeing him was the greatest highlight and he was merely a face in the crowd. If it is not him, it is his double.
and a word from our sponsor..................the Wawa bird. So that is what it looks like.
Wawa Welcomes America!
Stay tuned I will be adding more highlights of the celebration of Freedom in Philadelphia throughout the weekend. It was a great day!