2. Asthma and Allergy Month 1 in 12 adults and 1 in 11 children have asthma, staggering amounts, more information at the cdc website.
4. Huntington Disease Team Hope 2013 Walk Philadelphia May 19 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard
5. Lupus Walk to End Lupus Now May 19th, Ocean City, New Jersey.
6. Mental Health Awareness Sharing a little inside story. I once said to a friend, "you make me feel foolish", his reply was "I can't make you feel anything, you own your own feelings". That statement stopped me in my tracks. I don't think he was all that brilliant but he was married to a therapist, so maybe he is brilliant : ). Food for thought and no charge. I also came across this lecture at TED.com Thomas Insel: Toward a new understanding of Mental Illness. During the talk he mentions that there are 38,000 suicides every year, about one every 15 minutes, the third most common cause of death among 15 - 25year olds. It is twice as common as homicide and more common than traffic fatalities. Ninety percent of these suicides are related to mental illness.
7. Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month. It is a neurological disorder that can affect the brain, spinal cord, nerves and skin.
9. Skin cancer awareness, skin cancer is the most common of all cancers.
10. Stroke Awareness and spotting the symptoms. Get help F A S T, time matters read about tPA. "before" you are faced with a critical decision.