2. Mayans the same folks that created that infamous Mayan calendar invented hot chocolate.
3. Today there are several makers of hot chocolate mix Nestles, Swiss Miss, Carnation, Hershey, Land o Lakes, Ghirardelli, Godiva, K Cup. I am sure there are so many more depending on where you live and what you grew up with.
4. Not all hot chocolate is created equal, some contain more sugar and some contain no sugar. You can beat the later by adding a marshmallow or two : ).
5. Hot Chocolate can make a big difference to a spectator at a winter sporting event. It can go from intolerable to just bearable with a cup of warm hot chocolate, especially if your team is losing.
6. Best tasting hot chocolate if I recall correctly was ordered at the Ghiradelli store in San Francisco. The line was long but the wait was worth it.
7. Back in the day, when I was a child I remember it being called cocoa and we heated milk. Not too long those bubbles crept up on you, you had to watch and stir and stir.
8. Hot chocolate sees to be an evening or take the chill off kinda treat. Warm milk as we all know, contains tryptophan a sleep inducing amino acid.
9. There are many things that you can add to enhance the flavor of hot chocolate like cinnamon, peppermint candy cane, whipped cream, marshmallows. How about a dessert along with hot chocolate?
10. Here are a few suggestions on ways to celebrate. Gather the kids together and read that "old fashion" Night Before Christmas story, bundle up tonight (chilly in the 30's) and go outside and observe (and it looks like clear skies) the meteor shower Geminids. No thermos? Take turns getting the refills of hot chocolate. On a solo mission? Get a thermos or bring a blanket these things happen fast.