Thursday, May 17, 2012

Top 10 Recalling Dreams

1.  Everybody dreams and everybody has a dream. It could be something they want to accomplish and it can be as simple as making it through another tough week at work or as extreme as climbing Mt. Everest.

2. Dreams can wake you up in the middle of the night.  They can frighten the eebie jeebies outta you with profuse sweating and a racing heart.  Typically this happens, after experiencing a frightening event in a dream, someone is maybe chasing you or cornering you? Perhaps they are threatening harm to someone you care about.

3. Dreaming of someone that has died can help resolve emotions you never got to share with that person.  A simple smile or even a nod knowing that they are okay can be comforting.


4. Flying dreams where you are actually the one flying is one of my favorite dreams it is interpreted in several different ways.  I stay with the way it make me feel and that is free.

5. Naked dreams are said to be common ones people have but I do not ever recall having one but if I had I know who I would be dreaming about, just saying.

6. Chewing on glass is one of the most unpleasant dreams I have ever had and I apologize for the graphic but in my dream, I keep spitting the glass out.  Anyone ever have that one? Luckily this has not happened to me in a while.

7.  Crying dreams, again I think they are an attempt at a resolution to something you have repressed and your subconscious is being forced to deal with it.  This is just my theory and not a scientific conclusion.

8. Deja Vu is actually what prompted this list.  It does not happen to me often but it is a distinct feeling when it does occur.  It is as if time just stops for one instant to me and I feel like I have stood the same exact distance from the person sharing the experience with me and the same words were said.  It just happened to me on Monday.

9. Daydreams are different I guess, but I am a bit of a drifter at times. I mean no disrespect to those who actually have a condition call A.D.D. (Attention Deficient Disorder) but I think we are all a little prone to drifting off under two conditions, if a topic does not hold your attention and if a topic or even a person seems to be overtaking your thoughts.  I would consider this daydreaming.


10. I have had dreams that I could call premonitions but not to the extent you could put me on the boardwalk with my own booth.  I did dream the night before the Phillies won the World Series in 1980 that they would win and I was confident watching the entire game but I was not 100 percent sure dreams come true until Tug McGraw threw the last pitch, and strike 3.  I happened to just google this moment and found something else instead.  On Youtube, someone named Dave recorded Tug McGraw talking about that moment in history and the funny thing about this Youtube video, I am in the audience along with fellow employees of MAB at the time, June 18, 1991.  I worked at MAB Paints for 27 years.  It was a dream job.  Great to see Tug McGraw again but what a flashback for me to see people I spent many years working with.  I can't be seen in the video but if you ever worked for MAB you will appreciate seeing Mr. Bruder, Tom, Nick, Jim, Marty, Sarah, Candy, Carol, Cass, Lil, George and a few others, all superstars at MAB.  Who knew this video was out there?  Phillies fans can appreciate it because Tugger tells such a great story but so can so many people that worked together and were there for this video.  I have many still pictures of this night.  Great moments at MAB, a rain delay!  MAB Managers Night was an Annual event when the store managers and the office staff went to a fun filled evening at the Phillies game and we had some of the best guest speakers.  All I gotta say is sometimes you are livin the dream and you may not even know it.

No predictions yet on this current season but I will keep dreaming and I suggest you do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Bill from Bel AirMay 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

    Thank for a great post! My nightly dreams are sometimes so intense and vivid that can affect my whole day.

    The Tug McGraw video was wonderful. He was a special part of baseball history.

    ReplyDelete