Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top 10 Movie Recommendations

Some of these movies are new and others came out early in the year, you may be able to catch the older ones on cable or rent. These films are in no particular rating order.  I think they all offer something unique.  I'm not a spoiler.

 1. The Artist is a silent film with a few printed words here and there but you can follow the film just from the actor's actions and reaction. It begins with a black and white introduction and from there transports you back in time before the talkies. After I saw this, I felt who needs words, especially some of the more off color words used in films today.

2. My Week With Marilyn is a film about Marilyn Monroe. Michelle Williams does a superb job playing Monroe allowing a glimpse into her life.  I don't like to jinx anyone but this has to be an Academy Award nomination for best actress. She was just awesome.

3. Midnight in Paris takes you to the sites and sounds of Paris through the lives of its great artists.  Who wouldn't want to go and experience that?

4. The Descendants is about decisions people make and how they affect the lives of others closely related and some not so close.  I thought it was interesting to watch how each character was affected by certain events and their response.

5. War Horse is based on a Broadway play.  I would love to see how they pull that off. Spielberg without a doubt can show the horrors of war like no other director in my lifetime so far but he also always allows you to see the human emotions of both sides.  For me the most pivotal moment in the film involved wire cutters.  I thought it was a very powerful scene.

6. The Ides of March is about politics and the lies people tell and the secrets they keep to get ahead.  Ryan Gosling has an award winning performance.  He got my attention.

7. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was a complicated film and I tried to follow it and become confused.  I still Soldier or Spy is.  One this one I think I need to read the book.

8. The Conspirator  is a true story of Mary Surrat hanged with conspiracy in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.  It is directed by Robert Redford.

9. Jane Eyre is a film based on the classic novel by Charlotte Bronte.  I have always been a fan of these classic period pieces.

10. Oranges and Sunshine is a unbelievable "how could that have actually happened in our lifetime" and I think the next week after I saw this film, the Penn State scandal broke.   This film is shocking and an embarrassment to two countries who have just recently released apologies for this cover up and they are not third world countries.

6 comments:

  1. That is a really good tip particularly to those
    new to the blogosphere. Short but very precise info… Many thanks for
    sharing this one. A must read post!

    Feel free to surf to my site - free home renovation (www.homeimprovementdaily.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely inspired with your writing skills as neatly as with the structure for your weblog.

    Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it your self?
    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to look a great weblog like this one nowadays..



    Feel free to surf to my web page - bathroom renovation ideas,
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! This article couldn't be written any better!

    Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept talking about this. I am going to send this article to him.
    Pretty sure he'll have a good read. Thanks for sharing!


    Also visit my blog post; diy home improvements
    (http://www.homeimprovementdaily.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this weekend is good in support of me, because this time
    i am reading this wonderful informative post here at
    my house.

    Also visit my web page: renovation ideas - www.homeimprovementdaily.com,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe
    guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My website goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit
    from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email.

    I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

    Also visit my webpage ... house renovations ideas ()

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect
    against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard
    on. Any recommendations?

    Here is my blog kitchen home improvement ()

    ReplyDelete