Friday, November 18, 2011

Top 10 Songs About Men For International Men's Day

November 19th is International Men's Day.  It is celebrated in over 50 countries.

How do women feel about that? An introduction "It's Raining Men"  sung by The Weather Girls written by Paul Jabara and Paul Shaffer (of "Late Night With David Letterman" fame).


1. Mr. Tambourine Man Bob Dylan

2. Rocket Man Elton John

3. Man in the Moon R. E. M.

4. Piano Man Billy Joel

5. Soul Man Sam and Dave

6. Better Man Pearl Jam

7. Southern Man Crosby, Stills, Nash andYoung

8. Man in the Mirror  Michael Jackson

9. Real Man Todd Rundgren

10.  I'm A Man Spencer Davis Group

It's a man's world. Enjoy your day! 

Can you think of a song with a "man" written all over it?

2 comments:

  1. From an anonymous man: Surprisingly, I would put #8 near the top of the list. It’s probably my favorite Michael Jackson song. I am quite fond of most the others on the list, including the oft-maligned (at least on this board) “Piano Man” except for “Better Man” and “Real Man”, neither of which I very familiar with (unless I give them another listen). One of my favorites is “Simple Man” by Graham Nash (w/Crosby). The most obvious ones missing from the list for me is “For Everyman” by JB, although it probably doesn’t technically qualify as a “man” song, and “Old Man” (but “Southern Man” is a good choice). A couple of others that I’m sure will cause reactions from some on this board - “Ramblin’ Man” and the briliiantly philosophical “Back Door Man” (hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found another Solitary Man, Neil Diamond

    ReplyDelete