Thursday, June 23, 2011
Top 10 Interesting Museums to Visit In Pennsylvania
1. Philadelphia Art Museum You can go to many countries and many times by visiting this museum.
2. Fallingwater or Kaufmann Residence is a house designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1935 in rural southwestern Pennsylvania, 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The home was built partly over a waterfall on Bear Run in the Mill Run section of Stewart Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, in the Laurel Highlands of the Allegheny Mountains.
3. James Michner Art Museum, Doylestown, PA
4. Widener University Art Museum, Chester, PA
5. American Revolutionary Center, Valley Forge, PA
6. Wharton Esherick Museum, Paoli, PA
7. Independence Seaport Museum, Philadelphia, PA (Note: The U.S.S. Olympia is currently part of this museum but will not be forever, see it while it is still in Pennsylvania.)
8. Elfreth's Alley Museum, Philadelphia, PA (after your visit stroll over to The Betsy Ross House, she is practically around the corner.
9. Belmont Mansion also home to the Underground Railway Museum at Belmont Mansion.
10. Rodin Museum, Philadelphia, PA
Freebie alert****Historic Philadelphia story telling benches