Thursday, June 23, 2011

Top 10 Interesting Museums to Visit In Pennsylvania




1. Philadelphia Art Museum You can go to many countries and many times by visiting this museum.

2. Fallingwater or Kaufmann Residence is a house designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1935 in rural southwestern Pennsylvania, 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The home was built partly over a waterfall on Bear Run in the Mill Run section of Stewart Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, in the Laurel Highlands of the Allegheny Mountains.

3. James Michner Art Museum, Doylestown, PA

4. Widener University Art Museum, Chester, PA

5. American Revolutionary Center, Valley Forge, PA

6. Wharton Esherick Museum, Paoli, PA


7. Independence Seaport Museum, Philadelphia, PA (Note: The U.S.S. Olympia is currently part of this museum but will not be forever, see it while it is still in Pennsylvania.)


8. Elfreth's Alley Museum, Philadelphia, PA (after your visit stroll over to The Betsy Ross House, she is practically around the corner.

9. Belmont Mansion also home to the Underground Railway Museum at Belmont Mansion.

10. Rodin Museum, Philadelphia, PA

Freebie alert****Historic Philadelphia story telling benches

2 comments:

  1. The Philadelphia Are Museum is great of course, very well known, and deserves to be seen, so it doesn't really need my recommendation.

    I instead recommend to everyone that you must see "Falling Water", which as you pointed out - is the famous house designed by Frnak Lloyd Wright. Seeing pictures of it doesn't do it justice. It has to be experienced live and in person. If you have the slightest bit of interest in architecture and home design, you will love it. It's a very cool place.

    I'd also like to add the Brandywine River Museum to your list. I haven't seen all of the other museums on your list, so I can't say "with certitude" that it should replace any one of them. But I have to believe that it deserves to be in the top ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No dispute from me I love the Brandywine Museum, especially at Christmas time and I myself have not been to all of these museums but they caught my eye. I am most interested in the Rodin next. The Thinker is there. I always liked that statue but I think it is only a copy but I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete