Congratulations to Academy Award WINNER “The King’s Speech”
Winner Best Original Screenplay David Seidler
Winner Best Director Tom Hooper
Winner Best Actor Colin Firth
Winner Best Picture
1. James Earl Jones, actor he was the voice of Darth Vader
2. Joe Biden Vice President of the United States
3. Bo Jackson Football and Baseball Star
4. Tiger Woods professional golfer
5. Marilyn Monroe actress
6. Carly Simon singer
7. Charles Darwin British naturalist
8. Bruce Willis actor
9. Marion Davis actress and mistress to W. R. Hearst she was big in silent films and was not excited about the “talkies”, yet she had no problem acting in those films.
10. John Stossel former 20/20 anchor, now with Fox news. He is a spokesperson for SFA (Stuttering Foundation of America).
Stuttering is commonly thought to be associated with anxiety but there appears to be no connection. It also has no reflection on a person’s intelligence. Stutterers commonly seem to have increased fluency when talking in unison with another speaker, copying another's speech, whispering, singing, and acting or when talking to pets, young children, or themselves. Other situations, such as public speaking and speaking on the telephone are often greatly feared by stutterers, and increased stuttering is reported. There are many treatments and speech therapy techniques available that may help increase fluency in some stutterers; however, there is no "cure" for the disorder at present.
Websites of interest: