Friday, January 21, 2011

Top 10 Young Songs

  1. All The Young Dudes Mott the Hoople with David Bowie
  1. Young American David Bowie
  1. Forever Young Bob Dylan
  1. Oh Very Young Cat Stevens
  1. Young Turks Rod Stewart
  1. Only the Good Die Young Billy Joel
  1. When You Were Young The Killers
  1. Young Forever Jay Z/Mr. Hudson
  1. Advice For The Young at Heart Tears for Fears
  1. Yesterday When I was Young Charles Aznavour

and a few more recommendations sent to me.

11. Forever Young Rod Stewart

12. I'm So Young The Students

13. When I Was Young The Animals

14. Young Love Sonny James

15. Young and In Love Ruby & The Romantics (purely an oversight, I used to love this song)

16. Younger Girl The Critters

17. Hello Young Lovers Rogers and Hammerstein (from one of my favorite musicals "The King and I").

Disclaimer: I never support the bad language if any used in the comments, I do support the artists and their attempts to educate through song.

2 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with some a couple of the (more recent) songs and artists on the list. Trouble with getting older is, I don't keep up with newer music quite as well as I used to. But I definitely try, probably more so than most people who grew up with what is now called Classic Rock. I'll check out those tunes; perhaps after I'm done listening to Genesis' Trick of the Tail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Genesis! Send me your top 10 and I will see if I concur. Follow You Follow Me Always pops into my head first. A lot of great Phil Collins solo stuff as well. An admission, The Killers and Jay Z I have heard from listening to the selections of other music enthusiasts in my home. The bonus in getting older is you understand and should have heard the last song created by a generation when we were young :)I believe he is the original artist but I have heard other versions.

    ReplyDelete