1. Knowing when to step in.
2. Knowing when to shut your mouth.
3. Allowing the locked door, but always keep a key.
4. Dealing with a disability or illness that you have no control over.
5. Holding a hand tightly to keep them safe.
6. Letting go of the hand, but always keep the hand free if a grip is needed.
7. Praying the “I love you” is felt in their time of need.
8. When they think you are being ridiculous and you know they are being unreasonable. It happens on both sides and hopefully, these same emotions show up on different days.
9. There is no perfect age to be a parent or a child but you are not in it alone. It takes compromise on both sides.
10. Losing a parent or a child is a devastating occurrence but it is often said nothing is worse then losing a child.
The greatest time to be a parent is watching them learn and grow.
It happens in the blink of an eye on good days and bad.