Top 10 Fundraisers in September/October 2010
1. The MDA Telethon airs nationally September 5th-6th between 10:30 and 11:00 p.m. Sunday night and runs live all day Monday from 7:40 a.m.-6:30/7:00 pm. The Telethon is aired on MyPHL17 locally. This is the only station in the greater Philadelphia area that covers the MDA Telethon. As far as volunteers are concerned, any one can volunteer to help (over the age of 18) and can contact 610-325-5758 for more information.
2. Special Olympics Beef & Bowl, MacDade Bowl in Folsom, Saturday, September 18th, 8-11:30pm. Tickets $35
3. The 30th Annual City to Shore 2010 Bike MS is scheduled for September 25th & 26th click on the link to support St. John’s Wheels for Friends and make a donation.
4. Walk for Autism Speaks Saturday, October 2nd Citizens Bank Park.
5. Out of the Darkness Walk sponsored by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention at the Philadelphia Art Museum 11-3pm October 3rd.
6. Philadelphia Vision Walk October 9th Memorial Hall, 4231 Avenue of the Republic, Philadelphia, PA. Registration: 7:45am walk starts at 8:45am.
7. Baby Jesse Foundation Baby Jesse passed away on August 6th but his parents plan on continuing the foundation to help other children affected by biliary atresia, a rare liver disorder. You can donate through the website.
8. Making Strides against Breast Cancer October 10th at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
9. Children’s Health Fund Click "Like" on Clorox on Facebook and become a fan. Clorox will donate $1 to the Children’s Health Fund.
10. Sunshine Foundation answers the dreams of chronically ill children. You can make a donation or your organization can “Adopt a Dream” anytime.
11. "The Philadelphia Scleroderma Walk" Sunday Oct. 10th. At Lloyd Hall Along Boat House Row.