1. Reduce, reuse, recycle…think green.
2. Enjoy the fresh air while it lasts, it’s free and not completely taxed yet.
3. Conserve water “shower with a friend”.
4. Pick up your trash. Don’t litter.
5. Respect the earth and all its inhabitants.
6. Make a Difference Day is October 23rd , plan ahead go to USA Weekend for 2010 ideas, the Delaware County Daily Times partners with USA Weekend and brings their magazine to readers weekly.
7. Clean Water Action Volunteers canvas our neighborhoods at least two times a year looking for donations. Maybe you don’t have to let them in but at least open the door or go to their website to see all the good they do.
8. Use lawn chemicals wisely. EPA’s advice.
9. Plant a tree and maintain it. My garden has begun.
10. I am a firm believer in, “it takes a village” and co-operation but it will never discount the “power of one”, one step at a time.
Step Up and Speak Up
Greg “Greenday” former Daily Times writer and editor will be laid to rest on Earth Day. There must be a correlation, he was one of the good guys.
Please share how you make a difference on this planet Earth of “ours”.
Earth Day events in this area.